- Written by Super User
- Category: Uncategorised
- The Information we Collect;
- How we Use the Information we Collect;
- Information Sharing and Disclosure;
- Online Analytics and Tailored Online Marketing;
- Information Access and Retention;
- How we Protect Information;
- Communications Choices;
- Linked Sites and Marketing Content;
- Where Collected Information is Transferred and Stored;
- How to Contact Us; and
- Changes to this Policy.
The Information we Collect.
How we collect and store information depends on your relationship with us (e.g., whether you visit the Site only, or whether use the Product and Services). Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
Information You Provide
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including your name, organization, medical specialty, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, device model and serial number, and other information you enter, provide us, post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things (collectively, “User Information”), such as:
- Acquire a Product (e.g., purchase, rent, or try a Product);
- Provide registration information and/or create an account;
- Provide us with feedback or reviews;
- Request certain features or information from us;
- Contact customer support;
- Apply for a job posting;
- Use our Product;
- Post user-generated content.
Usage and Analytics Information.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Product or Services. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Website Data. When you use our Site, we may collect and analyze information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, referring and exit pages and Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), platform type, user interactions (keypresses, and mouse events such as movement, location, and clicks) domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
- Mobile Device Data. When you access the Services via a mobile device, we may collect information such as geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers (e.g., a UDID or IDFA on Apple devices like the iPhone, and iPad) and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), such as operating system, version, and time spent in different parts of our App and other apps on your phone.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies.
How we Use the Information we Collect.
We use the information that we collect in order to:
- Provide you with the Product and Services you have purchased or requested and send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Generate and review reports and data about our user base and Product and/or Services usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Products and/or Services (for example, we may monitor and analyze traffic and usage of our Site);
- Provide you with support and improve the content and features of the Product or Services, or develop new products or services;
- Help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Product and Services; and
- Administer and troubleshoot the Product and/or Services.
Legal bases for processing (for residents of the European Union):
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Product and Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Product and Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Product and Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer or institution) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Product or Services.
Information sharing and disclosure.
We do not rent, sell, or share any collected information with third-parties.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Information Access and Retention.
Generally, you may email us to correct or change any collected information by using the contact form.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have additional rights to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. These rights are explained in the remainder of this section. If you are unable to exercise your rights using the information below, please contact us.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if you ask to delete information which we or your institution administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
Request that we stop using your information: Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
Retention of Information
For registered users, we will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Services or any information you have requested. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information, contact us using the information below. However, if you cancel your account, you will no longer be able to use the Product or certain Services. After you cancel your account, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we Protect Information.
We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures: to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and, to use correctly the information we collect. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Third Party and Marketing Content.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
Changes to this Policy.