- Tomatoes have a high content in lycopene which is an antioxidant that prevents from cardiovascular diseases and some cancer, such as prostate cancer, for example.
- Highly recommended for persons who suffer from high blood pressure due to its low quantity of sodium.
- Its skin is rich in fibre, ideal for prevention of constipation.
- Rich in vitamins (A, B, C and E), as well as minerals (potassium, phosphorus and magnesium).
- Ideal to be included in your diet if you want to loos weight as around 94% if it is water, and has no fats.
Trick: How to skin them easily and quickly!
If you want to skin tomatoes very easily and quickly just put them into recipient filled with freshly boiled water for 20-25 seconds. Then briefly cool them with cold water. Now, the tomatoes are ready to be skinned by only pinching and pulling their skin off. Easy!